April Showers Bring May Flowers
As our April month ends, we have experienced a refreshing rainfall over the past week making the April showers very real in our area. And the gift of the rainfall is apparent. Last night as I sat outside, I couldn’t help but marvel at the plush green landscape that the rainfall has helped along. Our trees are in full splendor. Flowers add a splash of color from the Universe’s palette dotting the landscape with a reminder of the beauty to be found in the smallest of forms. Nature has awoken from its winter slumber. All is alive and vibrant.
As we move into May, it would be a good time to remember the power of gratitude and appreciation and extend this to our environment. Appreciation for this land, the nature that surrounds us, the moisture we have been gifted and the greenness of our horizon as living plants show their abundance. Gratitude and appreciation can move us into a state of contentment and well-being – peace. So as we move into the month of May, let’s spend some time appreciating what we may actually take for granted even with so much surrounding us! Sink into the feelings of gratitude for our luscious environment, our abundant water supply and our rich variety of nature’s gifts.Tags: be in appreciation and gratitude
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner
- Janie Pfeifer Watson, LICSW, is the founder and director of Wholeness Healing Center, a mental health practice in Grand Island, Nebraska with remote sites in Broken Bow and Kearney. Her expertise encompasses a broad range of areas, including depression, anxiety, attachment and bonding, coaching, couples work, mindfulness, trauma, and grief. She views therapy as an opportunity to learn more about yourself as you step more into being your authentic self. From her perspective this is part of the spiritual journey; on this journey, she serves as a mirror for her clients as they get to know themselves—and, ultimately, to love themselves.
LATEST ARTICLES BY Janie Pfeifer Watson
- Mastering Resilience: How to Manage your Response to Challenging Situations
- Celebrating 25 Years of Business A Journey Marked by Resilience, Growth, and the Power of Community
- COVID-19 – Heightened Mental Health Awareness and Employer Appreciation
- Change Your Brain with Psychotherapy
- The Gut Brain Connection
Sign up to receive the latest mental health tips and inspiration