Dare to Dream
As I am reading Wayne Dyer’s book, A Wish Fulfilled, I find it interesting how he talks about dreaming and imagination. Dyer’s idea about imagination is that when we allow ourselves to be in a dream state and bring in our own creations, imagining all we can be and all we want to be, we are allowing ourselves to access our higher self. Dyer contends that our imagination is guidance to fulfilling what we are meant to do here on earth. And through accessing our own imagination we have before us the blank slate of possibilities for our own manifestations.
Dyer goes on to make the point that for something to get into this world where things exist and are proved, they must first be placed firmly into your imagination. He quotes Albert Einstein’s observation, “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” It is through our imagination that we create and manifest new ideas. And it is our job to nurture our imagination and take charge of it. We have to first be willing to imagine and dream all we want to be. The basic adage is that for anything to now exist, it had to be imagined. So what we want to exist in our future has to be imagined now.
Dyer has four rules for a healthy imagination.
Rule #1 – Never place any thought into your imagination that you don’t want to materialize.
Rule #2 – Never allow your imagination to be contaminated by ideas about how your life used to be.
Rule#3 – Your imagination is yours and no one else should have access to it. Never allow someone else’s ideas about what is possible or not possible for you to occupy your imagination.
Rule #4 – Do not let your imagination be restricted to the current conditions of your life.
Dyer believes that the essence of who we are is cultivated in our imagination. It is through our imagination that we realign with this essence and live our life “on purpose” living the life we were intended to live.
Perhaps our time to daydream is the way to get in touch with our inner essence and tap into our real life purpose. We do each have a reason for being here and if we aren’t sure what our life purpose is, we may want to spend some time with our imagination. Dare to dream all you can be. Block the negative thoughts that come your way and let yourself fly as you dream. Let your essence come out and imagine the reality you want to have. Let your imagination take you where you want to be in the future.Tags: dare to dream, never imagine what you don't want, only think what you want
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner
- Janie Pfeifer Watson, LICSW, is the founder and director of Wholeness Healing Center, a mental health practice in Grand Island, Nebraska with remote sites in Broken Bow and Kearney. Her expertise encompasses a broad range of areas, including depression, anxiety, attachment and bonding, coaching, couples work, mindfulness, trauma, and grief. She views therapy as an opportunity to learn more about yourself as you step more into being your authentic self. From her perspective this is part of the spiritual journey; on this journey, she serves as a mirror for her clients as they get to know themselves—and, ultimately, to love themselves.
LATEST ARTICLES BY Janie Pfeifer Watson
- Mastering Resilience: How to Manage your Response to Challenging Situations
- Celebrating 25 Years of Business A Journey Marked by Resilience, Growth, and the Power of Community
- COVID-19 – Heightened Mental Health Awareness and Employer Appreciation
- Change Your Brain with Psychotherapy
- The Gut Brain Connection
Sign up to receive the latest mental health tips and inspiration