2013 – The Year to Live in Excitement
As you usher in 2013, you may be considering what you want to blueprint for the new year. Here is a refreshing idea. Step into living 2013 in your excitement! I recently had the pleasure of attending a conference by Wayne Dyer. Dyer has authored many books over the years and is a well-known spiritual teacher. The last book he wrote, however, was after he was diagnosed and cured of cancer. During that time he moved into seeing others in a way that was different. He had immense love for all and saw the interconnectedness of humanity. I had read his latest book Wishes Fulfilled and came away with some moving thoughts that I heard again when I was with Dyer in person.
One of the most potent ideas that Dyer talked about is that we need to live in our excitement. Dyer defines our excitement as an indication that we are aligned with our higher self. He states that our excitement comes from our inner knowing being recognized, our authentic self being recognized. Excitement indicates that we are stepping into our authenticity and when we do this, there is an inner and outer reward. The inner reward is the feeling of excitement when recognizing our own knowing. The outer reward is that the universe, on all levels, will support us as we venture out. The action steps we take to follow through on a task that brings excitement will be easy and things will fall into place. This is because the Divinity in us will be recognized by the Divinity in all. I call it “riding the wave of life”. These are those magical moments, those moments when it feels as if you are accessing something deep – like tapping into abundance or the good things in life. It is those times when doors open that we didn’t expect, things line up in a way we never imagined, or something comes into our reality that totally surprises us. We are then living in the excitement of the moment. We are living in alignment of our inner self with the world.
We can be guided into the excitement by paying attention to our inner knowing through the energy we feel as we consider an idea or a thought. If we feel energy around an action then we can use this to guide us. This energy can serve as an inner guidance that we are on track with our purpose in life. When we proceed forward through action, we can then access excitement.
Maybe for 2013 we want to find something, each day, that brings out the excitement in you. To focus on living 2013 in excitement surely could be a deliberate choice to enjoy more of our year. From our staff at Wholeness Healing Center to you, your family and your home, we wish for you that 2013 will bring out your best you!Tags: living in the energy of excitement, Wishes Fulfilled
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner
- Janie Pfeifer Watson, LICSW, is the founder and director of Wholeness Healing Center, a mental health practice in Grand Island, Nebraska with remote sites in Broken Bow and Kearney. Her expertise encompasses a broad range of areas, including depression, anxiety, attachment and bonding, coaching, couples work, mindfulness, trauma, and grief. She views therapy as an opportunity to learn more about yourself as you step more into being your authentic self. From her perspective this is part of the spiritual journey; on this journey, she serves as a mirror for her clients as they get to know themselves—and, ultimately, to love themselves.
LATEST ARTICLES BY Janie Pfeifer Watson
- Mastering Resilience: How to Manage your Response to Challenging Situations
- Celebrating 25 Years of Business A Journey Marked by Resilience, Growth, and the Power of Community
- COVID-19 – Heightened Mental Health Awareness and Employer Appreciation
- Change Your Brain with Psychotherapy
- The Gut Brain Connection
Sign up to receive the latest mental health tips and inspiration