Wholeness Healing EAP Offering WorkLife Solutions
By Susan Milner, IOM
The range of stress-related problems among workers is well-known and ranges from psychological symptoms (depression and anxiety) to substance abuse to physical health problems (heart disease, hypertension and obesity). We at Wholeness Healing EAP understand these problems are costly to employers, employees and their families.
In fact, billions of dollars are lost in the workplace each year due to diminished productivity, high rates of absenteeism and reduced performance stemming from these stress-related problems. Stress impinges on employee health and workplace performance and leads to increased employer health care costs. Organizations that utilize a responsive, accessible employee assistance program can better balance this complex equation.
Wholeness Healing EAP has decided to offer our clients the opportunity to access a state-of-the art interactive website component called WorkLife Solutions which enables clients access to an extremely comprehensive level of resources. The site features resource articles, assessments, audio and video files covering emotional well-being, health and wellness, and workplace issues as well as child care, elder care, adoption, and education.
In addition to accessing articles, clients can find resource links of local professionals in both the financial and legal arena. Categories include bankruptcy, budgeting, buying/selling a home, credit, estate planning, financial assistance, financial planning, insurance, loans, mortgage information, consumer rights, courts and mediation, criminal law, discrimination, elder law, estate law, family and divorce, property management, adoption, real estate, social security, taxes, saving, investing for college, home ownership, and retirement. The website also offers access to TaxACT, a service that specializes in tax preparation software and Web-based services.
The site features a powerful search engine which allows for instant retrieval of relevant articles, tip sheets, tools, and resources specific to a particular work-life topic. Throughout the website, a range of content types are provided—articles, resource links, calculators, self-assessments, audio and video files, online courses, and online seminars—to appeal to different types of learners.
A comprehensive listing of the features of the website include:
- English and Spanish capabilities
- 7 content divisions: Parenting, Aging, Balancing, Thriving, Living, Working, and International
- 61 content modules
- Searchable databases for child care providers, elder care and related services, adoption resources,
attorneys, certified financial planners, pet sitting, private and public high schools and colleges, and
- 40 financial calculators
- 70 interactive health and emotional health assessments
- Over 300 streaming audio files and 30 video files covering a range of health and emotional health topics
- Live, monthly, online seminars each month with archiving of past seminars
- More than 4,000 regularly updated articles
- News for You updated at least monthly
- Access to TaxACT
- Skill Builders: 97 online training programs offering printable certificates of completion
- Learning Center: an interactive feature with articles, personal plans, assessments, audio advice, and quick
tips on a wide range of employee effectiveness, physical, and emotional well-being issues
- Savings Center: a discount shopping program offering your employees up to 25% discounts on
name-brand goods and services
- Relocation Center: an interactive program that allows users to preview communities across the United
States, providing vital statistics and a comparison feature
- 101 ready-to-use legal forms provided by Nolo
- WebMD access to medical and health information
For information on how your company or organization can access the benefits of WorkLife Solutions, contact our EAP Administrator, at 308-382-5297, ext. 127.Tags: WorkLife Solutions
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner
- Janie Pfeifer Watson, LICSW, is the founder and director of Wholeness Healing Center, a mental health practice in Grand Island, Nebraska with remote sites in Broken Bow and Kearney. Her expertise encompasses a broad range of areas, including depression, anxiety, attachment and bonding, coaching, couples work, mindfulness, trauma, and grief. She views therapy as an opportunity to learn more about yourself as you step more into being your authentic self. From her perspective this is part of the spiritual journey; on this journey, she serves as a mirror for her clients as they get to know themselves—and, ultimately, to love themselves.
LATEST ARTICLES BY Janie Pfeifer Watson
Sign up to receive the latest mental health tips and inspiration